Tuesday, April 6, 2010

36 weeks / Doctor Apt / Dentist

Happy Late Easter Everyone! We had a great Easter with Mom R and family. Unfortunately later that night I broke a tooth. Teaches me for eating past 9:30pm!

Monday started with a trip to the dentist where he gave me a temporary filling - the crown will come once the baby has been delivered.

In the evening we had a doctors apt - at 36 weeks and 4 days. There isn't a whole lot of news. My blood pressure was good, even though they had to take it 3 times for the machine to work right. I think it may have had something to do with having Pat go ask for a glass of cold water before they tried taking it while we were sitting in the waiting room.
See every time I have issues with my BP they have me sit in the waiting room with a cold glass of water before they retake it - I just thought last night I'd be proactive and do the cold water trick before the initial reading.

We are not dilated, but that's okay. I'm not panicking at this point. Let me hit 38 / 39 weeks and I'll be like c'mon now dilate already - just a little!

We did ask what her thought for current weight was and she did her usual feeling around. This was the only time though that she's seemed concerned with what she feels. To her, shes thinking this baby feels big - like much bigger than last week. Her estimate would be in the 7's at this point - potentially making the baby a 9lb'er when she's born. She wrote a script and we have scheduled an ultrasound for next Monday morning to take a better look at how big she currently is and if we could have messed up on how far along I am. (Doubtful since I know exactly how long my cycles were and what day the first day of my last period was - not to mention that my uterus is still measuring spot on)

We will keep everyone posted - Our next doctors apt is the morning of Tuesday April 13th and I'm sure one of the topics of discussion will be the ultrasound findings from the day before.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your tooth. Bummer!

    Well, my uneducated opinion is that she is a big baby! I can't wait to hear what the ultrasound reveals. I agree that you're probably not further along...there was some talk of that with Josh but I felt the same way. We know cycle length, etc. How did she measure at the 20 week ultrasound? Josh was a couple days ahead but nothing to be excited about.

    Keep hanging in there
    :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont ever remember measuring ahead in an ultrasound. It will certainly be interested to find out. I've thought for so long that she's tiny but seriously these past two weeks - it seems like she's growing so much. Just the amount of her i can feel is so much more than it use to be. I'll keep everyone posted!

    ReplyDelete