I woke Sunday morning to a wife wondering what this little girl is doing. She seems to be moving a whole bunch and then she stops moving for long periods of time.
Kelly went downstairs to have breakfast, while I kept my backside planted in bed. I got another 30 -45 minutes in before Kel came up to see what was on tap for the day.
It was a great day to get some loose ends tied up. I looked at it this way... Due date is approaching fast, most first time pregnancies end early, she has dropped, the doctor "helped" her become a 1, and Kel thinks she lost her mucus plug. The way I see it, I don't have another weekend to get things done. After all, I have placed my guess on the due date as this Friday.
With that being said, Kelly went to do some shopping. She returned a waterproof mattress cover that didn't fit the bed, went to find a new cover (which we definitely put on the bed tonight,) picked up a new curtain rod, and got the blinds for the baby room cut down to size. I took the time she was gone to lay a weed treatment on our lawn, finished painting shelf #2, and went to get a badly needed haircut. Once I returned, we installed the shelf, blinds, new curtain rod and hung a wind chime that Kelly has had since she was a little girl.
I do have to say, I really feel finished with her room. I am ready should our little girl decide to make her debut. I know Kelly has already made up her mind that she is done wondering and just wants to meet this baby. I have to agree. No more worries, not more wondering, forget my prediction, I think it is time for you to come say hello.
I am ready for the waiting to be over. I have felt you through mommy's belly, I have seen you grow for 9 months, I have spoken to you, I have read to you..I have rested my head on you waiting for you to kick me in the nose. We have finally passed the benchmark of 38 weeks. Science says you are full term and ready to come at any time. I am ready for the waiting to be over.
So here it is unborn child, Daddy is waiting for you... and he wants you to hurry up. It's okay if you want to come out now.
We have a perfect place for you in our home and in our arms.
Patrick
No comments:
Post a Comment