Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Last Ultrasound

This morning we had an ultrasound to measure the baby and see how big she is. The tech took three measurements of each part - the thigh bone, the head, the abdomen, the stomach, spine etc... I'm assuming off those three they'll come up with an average and guestimate how big she is. Results may be at the doctors office tomorrow AM in time for our apt if not, by Wednesday they'll have them.

My guess - I think she'll be long. From what I could tell (and I'm no expert) she measured 39'ish weeks on her head and thigh bone, but her abdomen measured 37.

Although the tech didn't say anything about "big baby" "small baby" - I left satisfied. We know she is healthy and doing everything she needs to be doing at this point to meet us in the near future.

We were able to see her diaphragm and abdomen move up and down - practicing her breathing. We know she is head down. Her spine and butt are on my right side and her legs are out to the left. Her head is sideways and facing my left hip bone. Were also able to see some of her face and could tell that she was moving her lips - suckling already!

No comments:

Post a Comment