She may look cute as can be here, but the look on her face once she got in the pool told a different story. To put it easy, she was not pleased. Teagan's first experience in a pool was over... epic fail.
Sunday was a relaxing day where we kicked back, relaxed, stayed out of the humid air, and waited for fireworks. We went over to the neighbor's house around 6:00 ish and hung out until it was time to go. The fireworks were held at the local mall. We parked in the lot of a closed car dealership. The show was not too impressive, but it was nice. Teagan sat in Kelly's lap and seemingly watched the fireworks, well, the big bright ones at least. Regardless, she was calm and just enjoyed sitting and watching things around her.
Monday brought yet another adventure that included a pool. The family headed out to visit Aunt Karen and Uncle Alex in Lombard. We drove out there after stopping at Meijer to pick up a few things. Once we got there, we made lunch and packed a few beverages in a cooler then took the 3 minute walk to the pool area. Once again, we popped Teagan into her little swimsuit. We then headed into the pool. I was a bit apprehensive as I felt the temperature of the pool was no different from the last pool we were in. Ignoring that logic, we took the little girl and submerged her up to her waist. Kelly was holding her and bounced in and out of the water. Teagan was a bit startled, but then seemed soothed by the overwhelmingly large bath tub she now found herself in. She gave us a good 5-10 minutes of being in the pool before she grew grumpy. Before exiting the pool, we did get a good family picture... or so I am told. I have not seen it as it is on Aunt Karen's camera. Once we finished in the pool, it was time to head back and cook dinner. It was a wonderful steak, delicious potatoes and veggies. Karen and Alex did a great job on the meal. One problem... too much food!!! (Good problem to have as it provided me another meal while Kelly was at work.) The pool party was soooooo fun and stimulating, Teagan ended up falling asleep mid diaper change on the floor. We covered her with a light blanket and let her sleep. After dinner we watched a movie then headed home.
Tuesday, well, Kelly will have to tell you about Tuesday some time. I was not there. I was at home cutting the lawn.
I hope that your holiday was as enjoyable as ours was. I think I am able to speak for Kelly in saying that we are really enjoying this parenting thing.
Patrick
No comments:
Post a Comment