Saturday, July 17, 2010

Giving Thanks

It is days like today that make me look toward the sky and give thanks. Thanks for many different aspects of life that I feel I have been given.

1. Today we saw a new doctor for Teagan. While our first doctor was not a bad doctor, he just was not as helpful or informative as we were looking for in our daughter's care. We did not get a lot of feedback. Kelly was not given any instructions on things to look for when Teagan got her first shots. They also did not freely offer updates on where Teagan was on the charts. (As of today, she is in the 95th percentile for length, weight and head size with measurements of 25.5", 13.10 pounds, and 16.5"). Overall, we will still use him as our doctor, but not for Teagan. So, I am thankful for having the freedom of choice.

2. While at the doctor's office, a little boy came in sick. He didn't look like there was a whole lot wrong, maybe just a cold. Turns out he had a fever, and this little boy, according to his grandma, has spikes in his temperature when ever he has a fever. It would b my guess that this is not the first time, but this poor little boy had a seizure in the waiting room. He was rushed into the back and we later heard the doctors saying that the little one would be just fine. Regardless, I am thankful that Teagan, Kelly and I are all relatively healthy.

3. I am thankful that I have a wonderful wife. Every now and then we have our moments where things are not smooth, not always nice, somewhat combative. While we may have our disagreements, I give thanks that we can resolve them with some deep breaths and some laughter. Thank you for being wonderful Kelly.

Patrick

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear the little boy is ok.
    It is so easy to forget how lucky we are everyday to have our health and to have our loved ones surrounding us even if they are a pain in the tooshie sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you found the right Doc for Teagan. My personal Doc is also a Ped. but I didn't use him for the kids either. I just liked the idea of someone who lives and breathes kids only for their Doc. Hopefully you'll grow to love your Ped as much as we love Dr. R! Teagan's getting so big! She's already passed up Erica.

    Febrile seizures are so scary. My step brother used to get those so they had to watch his fevers really closely in hopes that he wouldn't spike too high too fast. Glad the little boy is ok.

    Thanks for reminding us to be thankful for all the good things we have in life :)

    ReplyDelete