Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bring on the grand parents

It is hard to believe that the time has gone by so fast. Today we celebrated my first Father's Day. My treats for the day included sleeping in until almost 11:00. That was so awesome. I have been running on empty for the past couple of weeks. I have been falling asleep rocking Teagan in the wee hours of the morning when she wakes up. I have been feeling a bit drained so it was a very nice gift. My next gift was time. Kelly gave me a BUNCH of time to try and get caught up on some of the much needed yard work. We still have a pile of mulch sitting on the driveway. I finally got the newest tree covered and was able to add more mulch to the front of the house. The dirt and mulch had settled to expose a good portion of the top brick. I came in from my work to a nicely prepared dinner. Kelly made some soup for dinner and it was delicious.

So far, I can only guess, but there must be about 1000 pictures of the baby so far. This past Friday I hung a new picture on the front of my desk area. Teagan has changed so much. She is also becoming a more interactive baby. We are getting more and more smiles every day. She is starting to coo and talk a little bit. One of my favorite games with her is catching on. I stick my tongue out at her and she responds with either a smile, wide eyes, or by sticking her tongue out too. I also crack up when I notice her talking to the fish that circle her head when she is in her swing.

As I sit here and type this, Kelly is on her way home with Ga Ga (Grandma Cumpata) who will be watching Teagan this week. Once again, it is hard to believe that Kelly's maternity leave ends Monday night. She returns to work on Tuesday. Eight weeks sure went by quickly. I am not quite sure I totally understand how Kelly feels about returning to work. On one hand, she will finally be returning to a regimented day. She is also looking forward to the socialization that Teagan will get in day care, but I wonder how she is really going to feel about not being with the baby during the day. I have the feeling there will be lots of calls home during the day.

Next week, after two days with the day care provider, Grandma Rosario gets Teagan for 3 days. I am wondering if we might give Grandma an overnight visit too. Not sure if Kelly and I are ready for her to be gone overnight. We will have to wait and see.

Once the grandma's have had their turn, it is Daddy's turn. I get to fly solo for three days after the 4th of July holiday. I have no doubts in my ability to care for the little girl, after all, I did giver her a bath all by myself this past Saturday. I am just hoping that she accepts having me around non-stop instead of her mommy.

For now, welcome back Ga Ga. Looking forward to you getting some good time in with Teagan.

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment