Lately we have been experiencing a different side of Teagan. She is still the smiley little girl that melts the hearts of strangers, but every once in a while she seems to wake up on the wrong side of the bed.
I am not sure if this is foreshadowing the behavior to come during the "terrible twos," or if this is just due to the fact that she is growing and teething and could be experiencing some natural pains. Speaking of teeth, we have 12 that are already in. It seems there are some on the move in the back on her right hand side. She is constantly biting on things and she is also a bit more irritable, especially in the morning.
With her continued growth, we seem to be experiencing some boundary testing as well. Teagan is starting to throw fits when we stop her from doing what she wants to do. For example, we have been trying to have Teagan give Cabo a dog biscuit every morning. This started as a cute ritual that has morphed into Teagan chasing Cabo and hitting him with the bone out of excitement. She also teases him by letting him touch the bone with his teeth and then ripping it out of his mouth. Needless to say, when we force her to give Cabo the bone, she flips out.
Our next obstacle seems to be going to bed. This has only happened a couple of times so far, so I hope I am not jinxing myself. A couple of times Teagan has totally stepped outside her norm by freaking out and hysterically crying when we put her to bed. The first time was over at a neighbor's house so I understood she was in an unfamiliar place and extremely tired. It was not a good combo. Tonight, she did the same thing. I have a feeling this is a boundary test. She has NEVER acted this way. We will see how things go when we put her to bed in 20 minutes. Normally we put her down and she crashes.
I wonder what the next few months will bring. Knowing my temperament, I really hope she takes after Kelly. I know I can be pretty stubborn.
Patrick
No comments:
Post a Comment