Our little girl made me feel so proud, happy, thrilled, excited and rewarded yesterday. It was yet another first in the life of Teagan. When I got home and came inside, I was met by my dog. Cabo is always excited to see me when I get home. Next I was greeted by Kelly. She was sitting on the floor and, as usual, was not as excited to see me as Cabo. Don't get me wrong, she does not despise that I came home, she just doesn't jump around waiting for me to pet her or play with her. After saying hello to them, I was greeted in a most unusual way. It was a smile and then a scream. Teagan had given me her version of a greeting... or so I thought.
What followed was unexpected, but very much desired. It was something that I had been waiting for. I thought it was going to happen once before, but that dream was crushed when something shiny got in the way. This time was different. Immediately following the scream, Teagan took off like a crazy person. She was on a mission and that mission was to get to daddy! She started crawling my way, and then ran into an obstacle. I thought for sure my dreams were going to be crushed once again. Teagan crawled directly into Kelly's outstretched legs. This surely was enough of a distraction. I thought "no way is she going to make it here with so much in the way." I was shocked when I saw Teagan trying with all of her might to get OVER Kelly's legs. It was a bumpy ride, but she finally got over the legs. Now she only had to negotiate the ever changing "Cabo" obstacle. Sure enough, she made it. Cabo almost cleared out of the way. Teagan made it to my feet where she sat down, shook her legs like she always does when she gets excited. She looked up and continued to smile and scream.
I only had one choice... I had to pick her up. And then I had to hug her with everything I had. And then I had to smile, celebrate and lock that memory in my head. It was everything I thought it would be. She made my day. I look forward to many more of these moments.
Ahh yes, Daddy's Little Girl... Thank you Teagan.
Patrick
No comments:
Post a Comment