Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ohhhhhh!!! We're Half Way There!!!!!

Catchy line isn't it. Thanks Bon Jovi.

Today marks the half way point in the first year of our daughter's life. It amazes me to think about all the changes over the past months. I smile because I know what the past six months have provided us... a healthy, happy, and beautiful baby girl. The experiences have been mind blowing, exciting, happy, sad, and filled with wonder.

Six months ago, Kelly was in labor, bringing Teagan into this world. I remember the scene vividly. I also remember all the doctors coming in. I remember the story about how scary the delivery actually was. From there, I remember the first few weeks. Teagan had Jaundice which left her a bit under weight. Looking back now, you would never know she started out slowly. She sure has made up for it. Our pediatrician now refers to her as "HUGE!" I wonder what our 6 month checkup will hold next week.

I am impressed with how many memories Teagan has already given us. Long gone are the days of waking every couple of hours. Now we celebrate the fact that she sleeps mostly through the night with only the occasional visit to give her her paci again. I was thoroughly pleased just last night when Teagan was able to soothe herself back to sleep within a few minutes. We never made a trip to the room last night.

There have been many milestones achieved. There are so many more to go. Some of which are not far off. Teagan is now a master of sitting up. She can move around a bit to grab things around her. She can tuck and roll with the best of them. She uses rolling and pivoting as her means of travel. She loves eating dinner with mommy and daddy. We have had rice and oatmeal. She likes most of her fruit and veggies. Favorites are still sweet potatoes, but we have done squash, peas, green beans, a mixed veggie, carrots, peaches, pears, apple sauce, prunes, and bananas. Despite a little bit of acid reflux, Teagan is a great eater.

Where ever we go, Teagan seems to be the center of attention. She is still very much happy to spend time with most people. She has never had a really bad reaction when being handed off to others. She is happy to have interaction. Her auburn hair is always a topic of conversation, right along with her rounded cheeks. Her smile is contagious more than ever now that we have two teeth in. I am proud to know that Kelly and I are doing something right.. she is ALWAYS happy.

Coming up next is the giant step towards baby proofing. We are very close to Teagan crawling. We have been practicing for the past couple of nights. We have broken out new toys, retired old ones (yes, daddy misses the swing) and begun to make more space for us to expand our boundries. We put up a baby gate to start getting used to it. Cabo is not a fan, but will cope.

The first six months have been a blast. There have been a few bad moments, but I would have to say so far we are lucky and Teagan makes us look like pros.

Happy 6-months Teagan. Mommy and Daddy love you very much.

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment