Monday, September 27, 2010

My lil Pumpkin is 5 months old!


Just a couple days after my post on her status at four months Teagan proved to mommy and daddy that she could very well roll from her stomach to her back and she's been unstoppable since! When did we hit the point where this little person who just stared and stayed in one place turned into this little being that moved with purpose? I can't quite pin point that moment in time. It's remarkable to me that months back it seemed to take forever for her to hit milestones and now it seems that she is very quickly learning new things. I can see the determination in her eyes when she wants something. I can see her thinking process... if i just move over here..can I will my hand to move to the rattle... Oh, oh moms holding my paci let's take it from her. It's neat to sit and watch.


This past month Teagan has enjoyed many things. We retired the bouncy seats to the basement and dug out the excersaucer, jumper & highchair. We've tried solids. She's been quite good at eating rice cereal twice a day for the past month and just two days ago we tried our first veggie. Green Peas! How did it go you ask? We'll the first night was a taste test... she pretty much spit it out every time we offered it to her. Last night went better and she at least ate some of it. Tonight I expect even better results than the previous nights (I'll keep you posted).

She's pulling hair and giggling with delight. Her legs and arms are going at 100 miles per minute.. like she's swimming or as Pat saying - playing air guitar. Her smiles and coo's are contagious.

As stated above, she does now roll both directions (from stomach to back and back to stomach). She prefers her stomach and only seldom will log roll around the floor. If she is on her back she does not want to be lying down... she'd rather sit. She can brace herself with her hands forward and balance for a minute or two if she's not supported but we prefer to keep the Boppy or our legs around her. Sitting has opened up a whole new world which I can tell she enjoys. If I had to guess I'd give her a very strong chance at being able to sit by herself mid October (she's been working on those stomach muscles doing V-sits since early on) and crawling.. well I hope by Thanksgiving she'll be crawling.


Kelly

















No comments:

Post a Comment