It seems just yesterday I was giving a play by play of the days events as we waited to greet our little bundle of joy. Here we are 25 days later and it is hard to believe that it has almost been a month.
Here is my list of things I have learned so far.
1. Kelly is an amazing mother. Despite her fatigue, she has been cheerful and loving and happy, even when I returned to work.
2. Teagan is an amazing baby. Nobody believes me when I tell them she is a pretty good sleeper.
3. 4 hours of sleep is plenty. I can catch up when Teagan puts me in a home.
4. Mylicon is our friend.
5. Poop, while uncontrolable and messy, is something to cheer about.
Some of the things I look forward to.
1. Teagan's smile - I see how cute she is when she is falling asleep, I can only imagine how she will look when there is emotion behind it.
2. Belly laughs - from Teagan, mom or dad. They are all great, and yes we have had quite a few already.
3. Warmer weather so that the entire family (including Cabo) can go out on walks or go to the park.
4. Teagan rolling over.
Things I try not to think about but usually do.
1. At some point, she is going to get hurt, at which point, two loving parents will be right by her side.
2. She will occasionally get sick and it will be a rough time.
3. Sooner or later, she is going to grow more independant.
This little girl has been a blessing. She is a wonderful baby and I could not be more proud. My wife will never cease to amaze me. I could learn a few things from her.
Patrick
Glad to hear you're loving every second!
ReplyDelete:) Heather