Hello everyone!
It sure has been a while since I last checked in and I find myself nearing the end of stage one. Today we hit 35 weeks. Taking a step back and thinking about the obvious, I accept the fact that we have only 5 weeks of pregnancy left. As Kelly mentioned earlier, another couple from our Child Birth Education class delivered early. It is a shocking reminder that not everything in life is fair or easy. It is also a time to look at my emerging family and be happy and thankful for our continued health. Kelly is, undoubtedly, handling pregnancy terrifically. She has taken every twist and turn in stride and makes this being pregnant thing look easy. One of my co-workers commented on her recently... "Kelly looks fantastic. Most people look worn down by the eighth month but she looks great." I have to say, my co-worker is right. And yes, I am definitely a proud husband. If this time is any judge of what kind of mother Kelly will be, this will be one lucky girl.
I figured it was time to revisit my list of questions from week 25...
1. Registering was a breeze, it is long gone and we got a whole bunch of stuff at the shower. Thank you everyone.
2. Pick a name - Down to 2
3. Get THE room ready - One or two shelves and some picture hanging and this one is done.
4. Kelly has a hard time NOT feeling the baby. Kick count is ongoing and always successful.
5. Still don't know how the dog will react, but he has approximately 27 seconds to learn once the little girl comes home.
6. The shower was on Feb 27th and it looks like everyone had fun. Again, thank you everyone for your generosity.
7. I will get one week of parental leave, Kelly will get 6-8 weeks depending on the doctor's decision. She will also get a week of parental leave.
8. We found daycare at a lovely families home in Crystal Lake.
9. About $170 a week for the charge
10. Probably need like 4 more jobs.
11. Still don't know if anyone is hiring.
12. A whole bunch of drawings have passed. Somebody is gonna Lotto, but probably won't be me.
13. I bought a St. Patty Day raffle ticket.. nothing doing.
14. Yes, Kelly wanted breakfast.
Some of the more fun things I have learned....
1. There are three types of breathing for Kelly.
2. I will need to tell her break the seat belt and go to the basement.
3. Kelly does not get cravings.
4. I am pretty sure I have eaten more pickles than Kelly has.
Well, that pretty much sums up my past few weeks... I am off to hit dinner and relax for a bit.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Patrick
Sounds like you're ready for the big day! Your daughter is lucky to have two fantastic parents. Life is going to be filled with a lot of fun and laughter at your house. Don't worry about the money, somehow it all works out.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the next 35 or so days!