Saturday, February 20, 2010

Getting Ready

As you may have heard, we entered week 30 on Thursday. We are almost at single digits on the countdown. Time has been flying by.

I spent a portion of the day procrastinating, but I finally started painting the nursery. We finally chose an Antique White for the walls. It was a little darker than we thought it would be when we looked at samples in the store. That was a nice surprise. We wanted to have a darker neutral color that could go with her pink and brown bedding. This should work. It better work, I spent $47 on paint... still have part of the first can because the paint covered really well. I know that should be a good thing, but I planned on the paint being the same as our last bucket of Behr paint was. It seemed to take forever to cover a blue wall.

Well, the first coat looks successful so far. We will have to wait until daylight to see how well it covered. I do need to touch up at the ceiling line. The coverage was a bit light up there as I was trying not to get too much on the ceiling. After my touch ups, I will put up the border. hopefully that goes well and I will be able to show off some pictures.

It is coming along... I am feeling more and more prepared. Hopefully Kelly is too.

See you soon!

Patrick

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see pics of all of your progress. Hope everything looks good tomorrow in the daylight.

    :) Heather

    ReplyDelete