Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Was That The Baby?

I was told it felt like gas bubbles, or popping corn... I would have to say that for me it is more like involuntary muscle twinges. At least in the beginning.

I'm pretty confident that I have been feeling the baby's movements over the last couple weeks. It would start as just one or two flutters a day but now it is more frequent and noticeable. Especially after I have a caffeinated drink. Yesterday while I was in an all day meeting at work the little (nugget??? Peanut???) thing was going crazy. And last night while I was laying on the couch watching TV I felt three quick twinges. All I could do was smile and think, that's my baby.

Pat likes this stage but I know he can't wait until those movements can be felt on the outside of the body. I have a feeling he won't leave my belly alone once he's able to actually feel the baby.

Nugget??? Peanut??? Is it pathetic that we have yet to pick a nick name for this little one? Should we even bother giving it a nick name at this point - after all by next Thursday we will be calling it "he" or "she". (Oh by the way if you haven't seen the poll above please vote on what you think we're having).

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I wish I could describe early movement but I was never confident that I was actually feeling the baby. I will say I don't think it feels anything like gas!! With Josh I finally figured out that he was moving just days before Eric could feel the movement on the outside.
    Can't wait until we get to hear next weeks news!
    :) Heather

    ReplyDelete